Tuesday 27 August 2013

DON'T glaze the bottom!

Hello.  Grace here!

I have just been to Katie's workshop - time.  Here is what I learnt:

  • A pico second is the shortest amount of time.
  • There are three types of time - past, present and future.
  • There are so many ways to measure time; water, the Sun and much, much more!


I also did potting.  Well, glazing.  Last week I finished under-glazing my pots.  This week, I'm full on glazing!  Here are the rules for glazing:
  • Two coats of glaze.
  • Leave three to four millimeters from the bottom.
  • DO NOT glaze the bottom!!!!!  (or else it will stick to the tray when you put it in the kiln).
Marie will be coming back to pick them up at the end of the day.  The pots will go in the kiln one last time, and then I will be able to take all my creations home, and have a lovely tea party.

No comments:

Post a Comment